Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Television-Subtle or Obvious Advertising?

People say that picture paints a thousand words. But moving pictures as in movies, paint a million images. I am talking about advertising whether subtle or obvious in TV shows. Not so long ago, I was watching this TV drama series called Janji Diana (Diana's Promise). The movie had ADVERTISMENT written all over it. I mean there were scenes whereby the heroine was staring at the mirror for 30-60 seconds, apparently upset over some misunderstanding with her boyfriend! Talk about wasting screen time and film!

Wait, I haven't said anything yet about the numerous phone calls on the hero and heroine's mobile phones. Of course, they have to be the sleek Motorola Razr V3 ones. The heroine again need to spend countless minutes staring at her phone and if it is her boyfriend, sometimes she wants him to call and other times she refused to take his calls, she must then give the appropriate expressions.

Besides our local drama series, I sometimes watched those Korean and Japanese movies that were a craze here too. I mean they were on prime time and I am at home. And what do I see again? Yup, hero and heroine having some latest modern handphones. I can't help but notice when the camera is zoomed in on the text messaging the leading characters were viewing...Nokia and some other flip phone such as Samsung or Sony Ericsson seems to be a favourite.

All in all, am I affected? Can't say that I am not. I had the Motorola Razr V3 before but I traded that for the Sony Ericsson k550i model because of the cybershot camera.

This post is brought to you by Shopping.



No comments:

Post a Comment