Monday, November 26, 2007

Paypal to Debit Card-Malaysians

As a Malaysian, I am simply thankful and delighted that Paypal had recently allowed non USA residents to withdraw paypal funds via debit cards. Prior to this you either need a US bank account or credit card to withdraw paypal funds. This being said, I still need to search high and low for the appropriate debit cards because not all debit cards are accepted.

At first I got the NextG debit card from AmBank, and when I could verify my paypal account, I was so excited. Then I was told by Paypal that I could not withdraw funds using a MasterCard. Only Visa is allowed for withdrawal purpose though the verifying went through alright.

I find Steven's blog really informative in providing the neccesary steps in addition to the cards that are currently successful in withdrawing paypal funds using debit cards. He also gave a link to 5xmom's opinion which further helped me decide to go for the Al Rajhi Bank debit card cum ATM and savings account. You have the choice to open a current account too. As this is a rather new bank, there are only about 10 branches or so in the Klang Valley. I went to the Petaling Jaya, New Town one which the address is No.2 Jalan 52/10, PJ New Town.


So this is like my testimonial that I am able to apply for the card and withdraw my paypal funds all on the SAME day. I agreed with 5xmom that service at Al Rajhi Bank is excellent and without hassle.


No comments:

Post a Comment