Monday, November 05, 2007

Penang Hill




















My hubby and I went to Penang recently. Friends who are familiar with Penang took us to Penang Hill. The hill is known as Bukit Bendera in malay, which means Flag Hill. The hill is about 830 meters above sea level. There are two trams or cable trains in service to bring passengers up and down the hill. It costs RM 4 per adult for a two way trip. There are folks staying up the hill too. The first train service starts at 6.30am and the last trip is at 9.30pm. There are trains at half hour intervals.


At mid way up, we need to switch tram. As the tram stopped for 15 minutes, we could take photos of the panoramic view of Penang island. Then suddenly, there was a troop of monkeys that came to greet us! Actually perhaps they were looking for food or something. Nevertheless, it is not allowed nor safe for visitors to feed these wild monkeys. I took some photos though.


On top of the hill, there are tea kiosk, restaurants, souvenir stalls, beautiful gardens, and the old Bellevue hotel. The summit offers a magnificent panoramic view of Georgetown, the mainland and Penang Bridge. The Canopy Walk is open now but alas, we arrived a little too late and it closes at 6 pm.


1 comment:

  1. This looks quite beautiful!!!

    Hey, I got to your blog from the Friday's Feast last week and I see that you enjoy memes (me too!) I am visiting more and more from the list to invite them to come see a meme I just started. It's called 'Give Me Five' Monday meme and it's fun and easy to participate in.
    I'd love for you to come read about it and possibly participate! Thanks so much, BeccA!

    ReplyDelete