Tuesday, December 11, 2007

What’s in a name?


Click banner

1. Are you named after anyone? Would you name a child of yours after you?
I don't think I was named after anyone. I wouldn't name a child after me. It is confusing enough during the history lessons to know Henry IV or Elizabeth II, etc. Not that my name is Henry or Elizabeth.

2. If you were born a member of the opposite sex what would your name be? If you could switch names with a friend who would it be?
For this, I would need to ask my parents. But my brother's name is Rudy. If that is my parent's first choice in boy's name and I am the first child, most likely that will be it. I like the name Amanda and none of my friend's is named that. The closest name that I would like to exchange with a friend is perhaps Verona.

3. Are there any mispronunciations/typos that people do with your name constantly? Would you drop your last name if you became famous?
No typos as my name Serena is well known. Hmm...I take my husband's name now, so not sure how to answer this dropping name thing. Too sensitive.

4. Name two celebrities that have really great names. Name two celebrities that in your opinion have strange names.
Great names: Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn

Strange (nick) names: Bebo for Kareena Kapoor (right) and Lolo for her sister Karisma Kapoor (left)

5. Do you like your name? Does your name have a special meaning?
I like my name Serena. The girl's name Serena \s(e)-re-na is pronounced ser-REE-nah, ser-RAY-nah. It is of Latin origin, and its meaning is "serene, calm".





3 comments:

  1. Does this work? Put my blog URL at openid?

    Serena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your name Serena and its pretty. Happy Tuesday Twosome. mine is in here http://happymomiam1.bravejournal.com/entry/25322

    ReplyDelete