Wednesday, January 23, 2008

What Type of Walker Are You?

THE SOCIALITE

You don't mind exercise but hate to go it alone. Your ideal partner could be your best friend, neighbor, or a stranger you've just met--as long as she's by your side.

Your weight loss advantage: Support. "When people are counting on you to show up, you're more likely to," says Ellen Abbott, walking director at the Boston Athletic Club. The more positive reinforcement and fun you have, the more you'll walk--and the more weight you'll lose.

I just took this test from Prevention and that was my results up there. I do wish that I have more time and the motivation to do more walking. I really need the exercise. If I am in a park or outdoors, I don't like to do it on my own. The only exception is at the mall but I won't be walking too quickly. It would be more like browsing at shops and stuff than walking to exercise. There is a walking calculator for measuring your calories burned for the type of walking you do.


No comments:

Post a Comment