Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Identity Theft Prevention Product

I had my first experience with identity theft sometime early last year. Although it didn't result in any monetary lost but it was a very scary experience. My account at a forum that I was active at was hacked and someone posted there with my name and account and also changed my signature to promote their stuff. I was really in a panic then. I have to set up new account and inform friends and administration at the forum of this situation.

I can just imagine if this were to happen to someone's credit card or even commit crime with another person's identity.
The crime takes many forms. Identity thieves may rent an apartment, obtain a credit card, or establish a telephone account in your name. You may not find out about the theft until you review your credit report or a credit card statement and notice charges you didn’t make—or until you’re contacted by a debt collector.

One of the solution is to get Identity Theft Prevention Product such as Debix or LoudSiren. These are services that will provide you with fraud alert, protect your privacy and phone numbers, and reimbursement should there be any lost while using their product. For more information and comparison with another popular product, please go to Debix.com


No comments:

Post a Comment