Wednesday, March 05, 2008

My Sister's Keeper

My Sister's Keeper: A Novel


I have finished reading My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. I am totally hooked by her books now. This novel is about a 13 year old girl who is suing her parents because they make all the medical decision for her to keep her 16 year old sister alive. Her sister has leukemia and needed blood marrow transplant which later led to a need for a kidney. Her parents in fact conceive her to make sure she is a perfect match for donor to their older child.

As usual Picoult's novels are never a straight forward story. As you follow along the protagonist's voice and along with her family members, you will find yourself asking what would you do if you were put in similar situation? And I must say that the ending will blow you away. Not at all what I had expected but still satisfying in a way. This book will make you question life...


No comments:

Post a Comment