Thursday, December 27, 2007

Are you a writer?

Recently, I have been reading a book regarding motivation for writers and the inspiring stories from writers themselves. Most of the experiences are really down to earth but there are some profound ones too. Mostly are about how people "knew" in their minds and hearts that there is a writer in them. Some realized this fact when they were kids, whereas others felt "complete" when they write after they had grown up or even reach their 60s or more.

Do you feel the same? What motivates you to write or blog? Some of these writers (from the book that I've read) have stories in their heads so to speak when they are on their own. Such as walking along a quiet street or road, they will have characters and plots talking and moving about in their minds! Then there was an experience by a jogger who had to use a recorder to record her ideas while she walks or jogs. She will pretend that she is talking to her best friend on the tape recorder and when she gets home, she will rewind and play her "conversation" and start her writing exercise.

Personally, I do not have these talents to have plots and characters in my head nor do I have inspiration while walking or jogging. But I do like to write. I have kept personal diaries as a teenager but unfortunately, I did not continue the writing nor did I save any of those diaries. And eventually the routine of writing was lost. Now that there is this avenue of blogging, it does revive some of my desire and passion to write again. This is a little different that keeping a personal journal but I do enjoy interacting with other like minded folks too. Perhaps keeping a personal diary is too lonesome and blogging somehow fulfilled yet another need, that is being read and share of thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment