Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Manic Monday



Which sex do you think has it easier in our culture? Have you ever wished you were the opposite sex?

Hmm...as a Chinese woman in my mid 30s, I have a rather sheltered life being taken care of by my parents and hubby after marriage. So I would say that I am very much contented. I like being a woman and a female. Nevertheless, I am not ignorant that my gender has suffered in many other lands and they didn't even get half of the opportunities of what I enjoyed in life. I can only speak for myself therefore about this issue.

What books from your childhood would you like to share with your children?

I don't have any children but if I do, depending on the age of the children, I would like to share with them my collection of Sherlock Holmes, Nancy Drew, Enid Blyton, Alfred Hitchcock, Pride and Prejudice, and The Hardy Boys. There may be more but I can't remember them. I may need to browse the bookstores to get the children's books but I will definitely share my love for reading with my children from young.

What is one talent or skill you don't possess but always wanted?

Learning new languages. I wish that I have the talent or the humility to learn a new language. I mean one needs to start with "baby language" and use small words in the new language and progress on with proper grammar and so on. But I find it difficult to practise using the baby language at the initial stage and always give up before I can understand the more difficult part of a language. And then there is also the culture and songs and mentality of the people who speak different languages. It is a little overwhelming for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment