Monday, January 07, 2008

Week Number 99


1) If heaven looked like the inside of a friend's home, whose would you pick?

Hmm...I don't know how to answer this. I feel that the company makes it "comfortable" to be with someone whether at their homes or outdoors.

2) If you could redesign your country's flag, (how) would you?

Gulp...design a flag? Err...not sure. There isn't any artistic fiber in me. Not for home decoration nor anything graphic.

3) What question--that you have never worked up the courage to ask--would you like to ask your best friend?

Let me see. Something pertaining to my appearance or weight, I guess. Not that he will lie about it but I can't take the "truth" from him. Hahaha...


4) Who has caused you the most frustration in your life?

My sister.

5) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.

Public Domain Photo

Coreen is fed up with her marriage of 15 years. She is about to call it quits. Why can't James be the romantic guy that she dated? Where has the guy that she stole kisses in front of her parent's home gone to when he won't even kiss her goodbye if the kids are around now? What happened to the guy who picked wild flowers to put in her hair when he can't even get a stalk of rose for her birthday? Her husband is always working and talking about job related matters while she had sacrifice her career to be the full time housewife and mother to their two children. But she needed more emotionally. She is a woman and wife besides a mother!

Although she just wanted to pack up and leave, she owes James one last chance before calling it quits. She said down with tears streaming down her cheek and wrote him a letter, an ultimatum. On the next day to work, James felt that Coreen acted a little strange this morning when she packed him his lunch. It was like she is not really there when he took his brief case from her. He had a hunch that there might be more in his lunch than just food. He opened his brief case and saw the letter. It says:

Dear James,

I am writing this letter as a last resort. Perhaps I am feeling a little edgy and unreasonable at this moment but I am suffocating emotionally in our marriage. I longed for the man that promised me to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish 'till death do us part." I need that affirmation again.

So this is what I am proposing. There is this wire that is set up between two polls at the end of the road by the barn yard. I am asking if you are willing to walk across it as a tight rope to show your love to me?

Or else? I am leaving...


Your desperate wife,
Coreen.

Coreen was waiting impatiently for her husband's phone call or return that evening. She is curious at how her James would react to her ultimatum of a letter. Surprisingly, James acted as if he didn't read the letter at all. He is his usual self the whole evening and night. When she hinted by asking how was his day at the office and whether anything unusual happened, he just started his speech about the clients, workmates and other work related matters. Coreen is disappointed.

The next day, after sending James off, Coreen decided to pack her suit case and leave. As she carried her suit cases down the stairs, she noticed that there is an envelope addressed to her. It is from James! He replied:

To my dearest wife,

As much as you might be awaiting for positive affirmation to your proposal, my answer to it is a NO! My dear Coreen, I would not be doing anything remotely dangerous for you or anyone else for the matter. I will seriously take care of my health and well being for all it takes. You see my dear, I must save my limbs to rub your back during the special time of the month. I would want to hold your hand when we cross the road when we are in our 70s or 80s. I need to preserve my legs to go shopping with you and carry the groceries for you or even to take out the garbage so it doesn't stink the kitchen that you toil in daily. I need well supported shoulders for you to cry on when you are frustrated with the kids. I need my back to be intact when I hold you during the times when you had fallen sick.

I may not be the most romantic husband on the earth but I do love you, Coreen.

Your ever faithful husband,
James.
Coreen could not stopped the tears now. When she heard the fumbling of keys, she flew to the door to find James carrying milk and bread instead of flowers or chocolates. She flew into his arms and wept.




1 comment:

  1. Oh, AWESOME story! I'm glad you're enjoying those photos...!

    ReplyDelete