Thursday, February 07, 2008

Lavender

I have loved the smell of lavender since my good friend who lived in England made me a pouch of dried crushed lavender. The scent of lavender is still fragrant after a few years. All I need to do is just crush the pouch and the scent will fill the cupboard. When it was freshly made, it can even fill the whole room.

In England, she grew these lovely flowers in her own garden. I can only imagine, the soothing fragrance of lavender when the breeze passes by. It must be lovely and aromatic. Nevertheless, I was told that the scent is stronger when dried. We can't grow lavender here in Malaysia, at least I have not seen them grown here. I have always loved the colour lavender and purple. If there are things that looked good in purple, I would rather choose this colour over pink or blue. I had a purple dress once. I wore it until I outgrew it.



No comments:

Post a Comment