Thursday, February 21, 2008

Perfect Match




I am really hooked on Jodi Picoult's books now. She is my new favourite author. The last can't put it down book that I read was Perfect Match. Again this is her second book after Plain Truth that I just had to read in one sitting. With a title like that one would have thought that this is another romance story but not so. Actually Picoult deals with very soul searching topics and contemporary issues.

Perfect Match is actually about child abuse, what does being a good parent in trial some situations means and what happens when you take a morally right but legally wrong course of action? Since the topic itself is gripping with great believable characterizations, I could not help but feel for the abuse victim, the kid. It is heart wrenching but also I can't keep away from reading it.

Highly recommended.





No comments:

Post a Comment