Tuesday, October 07, 2008

The horrific world that we live in

These days people are really fearful of things happening. What I mean are the fraud cases whereby people get swindled or cheated. My mother sent me emails occasionally to warn me against certain unscrupulous individuals and the latest ones are rather scary. Some cases involved using our sympathy like a baby crying and when we go out the house to investigate, a knife will be pointing at our throat to rob us; a child coming to you to ask for directions to his home only to have you being mildly electrocuted and raped; going for "exotic" tours to have your relative/spouce missing and then a few years down the road see them being tortured on TV and more. There are many horror stories indeed involving tourists that I feel too disheartened to read further and absolutely no mood to go anywhere for holidays now.

No comments:

Post a Comment