Friday, October 12, 2007

Musicians and Their Funny Ways

1. Do you like it when musicians do covers of original songs? Why/why not?


Sometimes. I guess it depends on the song. Some cover versions are really nicer than the original.


2. Do you think musicians in general are weird? Why/why not?


I think folks in the entertainment business are molded to act and behave in a certain way to promote their business. Entertainers might think that they are unique or different than the others but in the end if they want success, they are "molded" already.


3. What about when a musician goes out of their realm and tries something new? Are you able to keep an open mind about it, or are you one of those people who likes their artists to stay in the same general area musically? Why/why not?


Depends on what it means by goes out of their realm here. I mean let's say I like the Carpenters (sorry, I am an oldies person here so can't think of any newer artists at this moment) and suddenly Karen Carpenter (if she is still alive) starts to sing rock or hip-hop, then I cannot accept that. I already liked her voice singing those nice sing-along songs.


This meme is taken from 3x Thursday



No comments:

Post a Comment