Thursday, February 28, 2008

Let Go of the Past

Did you ever think that holding on to the past can rob you of your energy today? This was what I read about recently. Whenever I think about how it was to be healthy and carefree before my eczema flares up terribly, this actually robs me of the energy and time that I can use to do something positive now. It is better to treat the past as some colourful material that shapes my life as it is now and move on in new directions from now on.

Of course, there may be areas of our life ( I am not talking about just health issues here) that involves pain and regret that we are not able to deal with alone. In this case, we can talk to a professional counselor or close friend. Just opening up about what's holding you back can help put the past where it belongs - in the past.


No comments:

Post a Comment